How does print on demand work?
We have several printing hubs across the globe and a stock of blanks – blank garments that are optimised for printing. You can design your customised prints for these garments, and they are only printed when someone puts in an order. This means you customise products and sell them on a per-order basis, under your own brand, and with your own designs. With modern tech and logistics, the product can be printed and delivered to the customer within 2-10 days, and you don’t pay for the cost of the product until after you have actually sold it. This means there is no need to buy in bulk or hold any inventory yourself, which also means less wasted resources.
- Print-on-demand (POD) is a business model that allows individuals and companies to sell custom-designed or personalized products, and apparel without the need for upfront inventory. Here's a general overview of how print-on-demand works:
- Product Selection: The first step is to choose the type of product you want to offer, such as t-shirts, hoodies or other. POD services typically have a range of products available for customization.
- Design Creation: Create or upload your design artwork or text that you want to print on the product. It could be a unique design, a logo, or any other graphic element that you wish to incorporate.
- Product Customization: Use the Creator Studio platform's design tools to position and adjust your design on the product.
- Publishing and Integration: Creator Studio offer integration with e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Etsy, or Amazon, allowing you to set up a store or list your products for sale easily.
- Customer Orders: When a customer places an order for your customized product, the order details are forwarded to the print-on-demand service provider.
- Printing and Production: Creator Studio receives the order and proceeds to print the design onto the chosen product.
- Quality Control: The printed product goes through a quality control process to ensure that it meets the desired standards. This includes checking for any printing errors, color accuracy, and overall product quality.
- Packaging and Shipping: Once the product passes quality control, it is packaged and prepared for shipping. Creator Studio handles the packaging and shipping process, ensuring that the product reaches the customer safely and in a timely manner.
- Receive you product: The customer receives the customized product, and the transaction is completed.
One of the key advantages of print-on-demand is that you don't have to invest in large quantities of inventory or worry about production, fulfillment, and shipping logistics. The POD service handles these aspects, allowing you to focus on designing, marketing, and selling your products.